According to my calendar, there are only nine days until Halloween. Nine days that’s one week and a weekend! Honestly, where has the month gone?
Anyway, hopefully you have all your Halloween decorations, costumes, and props set up, and now you’re putting the final touches on an upcoming Halloween party. Well, my party-hosting friend, we’re here to help you turn a good Halloween party into a great one, with our top 5 Halloween cocktail recipes. These drinks fit the holiday aesthetic, while giving guests the loosening up needed to relax and enjoy an evening of costumed fun.
So let’s get into it:
For the blood:
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon red food coloring
For the drink:
- 20 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces good-quality rum
- Pour corn syrup in shallow bowl. Dip a toothpick into food coloring, and stir a very small amount into the syrup to combine. Hold glass by the stem, dip rim into syrup mixture, and turn glass, coating entire rum. Turn glass upright, allowing mixture to drip down sides. Dip remaining glasses. Set aside.
- Whisk together drink ingredients. Place 2 ½ cups ice in a blender, and add 1 cup drink mixture. Blend until smooth; add more pineapple juice, if mixture too think. Repeat with remaining ice and mixture. Carefully pour into prepared glasses; serve.
Candy Corn Martini:
- ¼ cup candy corn
- 4 ounces Grey Goose Vodka
- Tonic water
- Garnish with orange sprinkles
- Place candy corn into glass and pour vodka over candy. Fill glass with tonic water and garnish with orange sprinkles; serve. Easy!
Shrunken Heads in Cider:
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 32 whole cloves
- 2 gallons apple cider
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups spiced rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place apples, face-side up on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let bake until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges, about 90 minutes. Remove apples from baking sheets and press closed into the eye sockets.
- Combine cider, lemonade, and rum (if using) in a large punchbowl; float shrunken heads on top.
Hot Spiced Grape Juice:
- 1 gallon grape juice
- 8 whole cardamom pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ whole nutmeg, grated (1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes. Serve immediately. Super easy.
- 1 ½ cups fresh blood-orange juice (from 7 to 8 blood oranges), chilled
- 6 tablespoons Solerno, or some other orange liqueur
- Combine blood-orange juice and liqueur in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Pour into small glasses or test tubes.