Top 10 Reasons to Have a Halloween-Themed Wedding
1. It is perfectly acceptable to dress like Tim Burton’s Jack and Sally in front of your parents.
2. Instead of dancing to Dion/Carey/Houston/Boyz II Men power ballads during your first dance, jam to The Rocky Horror Picture Show’s “Time Warp.” Watch your guests shriek with delight as they join in on the chorus’s signature line: “Let’s do. The time warp. Again!”
3. Pumpkin carving contests. Think about all the pumpkin seeds you’ll collect, which you can turn into frightfully delicious snacks to take on your Halloween honeymoon!
4. Guests are encouraged to wear costumes instead of formal attire. Pro: Guests are free to choose how spooky – or risqué – they will be. Con: See Pro. To save yourself (and your friends and family) from a potentially embarrassing situation, send out some Costume Rules with your wedding invitations.
5. It is a well-known fact that couples who have fun together are happier in both the short-term and the long-term. What holiday is more fun than Halloween?
6. You can use candy corn as tabletop confetti. You can eat candy corn.
7. Unless you live in an extremely hot climate, you can expect lower temperatures – and fewer bugs! – in October. Your veil will not act as a makeshift mosquito net.
8. The increased availability of pumpkin liquor, pumpkin beer (if you haven’t already, check out Southern Tier Brewing Company’s Pumpking Ale), and hard cider.
9. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D is scheduled for release on October 26, 2012. See it on your honeymoon or at your bachelor/ette party. Extra points will be given if you don a Heather Mason-style haircut.
10. FrightCatalog.com has many party supplies in stock for your Halloween wedding, including: glittery haunted house centerpieces, pumpkin-and-bat shaped confetti, inflatable cauldron coolers, “Fangtastic” invitations, skull pathway lights, and skeleton-and-spider detailed wreaths.
Frightfully forever yours,