For those of us who live in the world of Halloween 365 days a year, the summer season is the hardest. Fall is on the horizon and that means Halloween! But it’s not quite here, yet. You can bring the creeps to the summer heat by planning your Halloween haunts and parties now, before it’s too late!
Here’s how to get the party started in five easy steps:
- Pick a theme Zombies and vampires are popular Halloween themes this year. No matter what you choose, make sure you go all out!
- Find inspiration Search the web for costumes, d©cor, and Halloween props. Pinterest is a great site to find ideas and inspiration. You can create your own pin board to organize all your ideas online. And don’t forget to follow FrightCatalog.com when you’re there.
- Buy or build props This is where all your ideas come to life. Props and decorations are an essential part of every home haunt. To add drama, don’t forget lighting, fog, music, and other scene setters.
- Make the guest list Who do you want at the party? Are you hosting a haunted house for the neighborhood? Will it be a quiet party for a close group of friends or a monster bash that lasts through the night? Get a guest list down on paper and decide on invitations. The possibilities are endless!
- Decorate & bake When October 1st rolls around, it is officially time to start decorating. We recommend starting onÂ the inside of the house and working your way out as it gets closer to Halloween. Have as much of the food ready the night before as possible, you can always freeze and reheat!
So how soon is too soon to start your Halloween plans? There’s no such thing as too soon!