Scheduled for April of 2012, Carnival Cruise is hosting the first horror convention at sea, the Tides of Torture cruise. The cruise will feature actors and stars from such slasher films as Hatchet 1 and 2, Zombieâ€™s Halloween 1 and 2, Friday the 13th Part 2, and Machete.
The four-night cruise begins on April 12th, setting sail from Tampa, Florida, and features movie screenings, a â€œscream queenâ€ contest, and a â€œDance of the Dead.â€ Tickets start at $699 per person, and more details can be found at the Tides of Torture website.
Current expected guest list:
- Doug Bradley (Hellraiser)
- Tony Todd (Candyman; Final Destination 1, 3, 5; Hatchet 1 and 2)
- Danielle Harris (Hatchet 2; Zombieâ€™s Halloween 1 and 2; Halloween 4 and 5)
- Kane Hodder (Hatchet 1 and 2; Friday the 13th 7, 8, 9, and 10)
- Leslie Easterbrook (Zombieâ€™s Halloween)
- Brad Loree (Halloween Resurrection)
- J LaRose (Insidious, Saw 3 and 4)
- R.A. Mihailoff (Hatchet 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3)
- Elise and Electra Avellan (Machete, Death Proof, Planet Terror)
- Steve Dash (Nighthawks, Friday the 13th 2)
- Ashley Williams (The Human Centipede)
If you love horror conventions, but are sick of standing in lines, surrounded by stale air and sweaty bodies, this convention is for you. Plus, where else can you grab some sun, spend time with prominent horror actors, and wear Halloween costumes, all for four whole days?