If you ever go out to a club…
Here are some things to make both our lives a touch easier:
1. KNOW what you want. Don’t call me over and then proceed to have a 20 min discussion with the rest of your group about what exactly you guys want to drink. I’ve got 30 other people who needs drinks and time is money! Vodka Cran, do it!
2. Have your money READY! I can’t even begin to say how many times I quickly make your drink and return with a smile on my face and your drink in my hands and you are busy texting or making out with your girlfriend or literally taking an hour to slow motion your wallet from your pocket and sift through your cash. I told you how much it was before I made the drink! Come on! You are not the only one in the bar!
3. NEWSFLASH: Telling me to go “easy on the ice” does not equal more alcohol. The amount of alcohol is always the same regardless of one ice cube or thirty. However, you will end up with a watered down drink that you will barely taste the alcohol in. Congrats!
4. Telling me to “hook it up” will not give you a stronger drink unless you already have cash out telling me how much extra you will hook ME up for doing it. Most bartenders know when a person says to “hook it up” they are only going to tip a dollar. We know you are cheap.
5. NEVER ask for a bartender/cocktail waitress’s number. Unless you are tipping us huge and we want you back as a customer, we won’t do it. There are 2387287347 other girls in that club. If you are awesome enough to deserve my number I will give it to you without you even asking. Also,why must you hit on the ONE person who doesn’t have time to talk to you? Just because I’m smiling at you, doesn’t open the door for your come ons. I’m smiling because I want your money, not your wonder willy.
6. Please, I know you are drunk and horny, but please… find some other spot to make out and/or grope up your hook up of the night other then right on my bar. You are not ordering drinks because your tongue is down her throught and your hands are up her skirt. You are taking up space at my bar and preventing other people from ordering drinks. Please find a dark corner to continue your STD search.
7. Affliction shirts and hair gel do not make you cool. In fact, they are a big red flashing “douche bag” sign. Just saying.
8. Being snappy and demanding will only get you a pissed off bartender.
9. When the bar is closed, the bar is closed. We can’t serve you because it is illegal to put any sort of cup over the bar after a certain time. My job isn’t worth your puppy dog eyes. Sorry.
10. Anyway, moral of the story is, tip me big and you get what you pay for: a happy bartender and a legit drink.
OH: side not… dear DJ.. and every rap song out there, I do not want to put my hands up. Please stop asking me to put my hands up. You keep telling me to put my hands up, but I’m busy. If I want to put my hands up I will. However, constant raising of the hands can lead to dead limbs. Don’t want that not do we?